Have you ever wondered what are the best WordPress plugins for blogs? It is almost certain that it has come to your mind if you have a blog or want to start a blog. Along with a large variety of WordPress blog themes for design, there are also WordPress plugins for blogs to help with its functionalities.
Blogs are one of the most popular and important types of websites as they help you to promote your business and interact with your visitors. But, you will need to make them as effective as possible. Fortunately, there are many WordPress plugins for blogs to help you with it which we will be listing in this article.
1. Everest Forms:
While publishing blogs, readers might sometimes be eager to contact you to ask you some questions about it. So, if you want, you might need to make a contact form and Everest Forms is one of the best plugins for blogs to add a form.
This plugin has a very user-friendly interface for customizations equipped with drag and drop fields. You can add an unlimited number of forms with multiple column support. The forms that you’ve created are also fully responsive and can be used on any portable devices like mobile phones and tablets.
- Shortcode to help add the forms in WordPress blog post, page, sidebar and more.
- Support from Google ReCaptcha to block the spams.
- Redirect the user to a specific page after form submission.
- View Form entries from the dashboard of your website.
- Editable form validation message.
2. Yoast SEO
If you have a blog, one of the most important factors to grow it is search engine optimization. Yoast SEO is one of the best plugins for blogs regarding when it comes to SEO. It has been trusted by most of the WordPress websites because it’s frequently updated to be compatible with Google algorithms.
Yoast has a lot of features that can make your blog effectively better, and not just SEO. It can optimize your keywords and synonyms too. The plugin also analyzes the readability of your blog and calculates the Flesch Reading Ease score so that your readers can understand your content better.
- Keyword optimization for synonyms and related keywords.
- Full control over breadcrumbs for setting primary categories for posts.
- No duplicate content with the help of canonical URLs.
- Content Insights to check the match for chosen keywords.
- Readability Check from Flesch Reading Ease score.
3. Easy Social Sharing:
Easy Social Sharing is a social media plugin which enables your readers to share the contents of your website in their social media. This plugin would be quite beneficial to your blogs as it can grow the reach of your audience. It is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs when it comes to sharing the contents on social media.
Your content can be shared on up to 18 different social media networks using Easy Social Sharing. This plugin has an inline layout where you can add the sharing button either at the top or at the bottom of the posts. Hence, it can be convenient to place it at desired position depending on the length and layout of your blogs.
- Floating sidebar layout attached and fixed to the screen border.
- Sharing counts to display the number of shares on social media.
- Live preview of the sharing design at the backend.
- Six different design layouts to choose from.
- Easy user settings with the intuitive settings panel.
4. Akismet Anti-Spam
If you don’t have any countermeasures for your blogs against spams, chances are, your blogs will be already filled with them. The spam can contaminate your website and backend files through various comments or contact form submissions from the users. To reduce them, you can use the Akismet plugin which is one of the best plugins for blogs to deal with spams.
It is an anti-spam plugin which examines all your comments and contact form submissions to find any sort of harmful contents. It automatically analyzes the website and drops out the contents that might occur as spam.
- Extremely easy backup and restore processes.
- Status history for each comment to view where the spam was found.
- Moderators can view the number of spam comments from each user.
- Discard features that block the worst spam to save the storage.
- Fast performance that saves a lot of time.
Jetpack is probably one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs if you want to effortlessly manage your blog website. Developed by Automattic, which includes the people behind WordPress.com, Jetpack also provides you with various site statistics. With it, you can keep a track of the visitors or readers you get on your blogs and work out the ways to increase them even more.
This plugin also helps in spam filtering, malware scanning, and brute force attack protection. So, unwanted intrusions are prevented in your website through it. Therefore, your blogs will also be in safe hands.
- Powerful customization tools for the design you desire.
- Faster mobile experience with lazy image loading.
- SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook and WordPress.com.
- Top-Notch security with brute force attack protection and spam filtering.
- Ability to manage multiple websites from one dashboard.
One of the most common methods of monetizing a blog is with the help of affiliate links. To use them in the most efficient way, you will need to cloak them. For this, ThirstyAffiliates is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs to cloak them.
You can easily cloak the affiliate links and use them on your blogs with the help of this simple blog plugin for WordPress. This plugin creates a new cloak link or a short link and redirects it to the unnecessary long affiliate link. You can also assign different categories to the links so that it’s easier to manage them as well.
- Easy setup and interface to save you a lot of time.
- Option to group your affiliate links into different categories.
- Multiple safe redirect options like 301, 302, or even 307.
- Availability to add an image to the affiliate links.
- Built-in reports and statistics of affiliate links.
7. User Registration:
In most blogs, people tend to add new registration or login options for users. This also increases the interaction between the blogger and the readers. The logged-in users can explore and use more features of the website such as react and comment to posts.
User Registration plugin is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs if you want to add registration and login options to your blog. It’s also one of the easiest to use as it has a fully user friendly drag and drop interface. You can even use it’s huge range of extensions to increase the functionality of your blogs too.
- Multiple design styles for forms.
- Auto-login after registration to save your time.
- WordPress dashboard access based on the assigned roles.
- Admin approval for registration.
- Show/Hide label option in each field.
WordPress is one of the most popular website creators and blogging platforms online. In fact, it is estimated that 23% of websites are created on WordPress. Although there are other blogging platforms available, none of them compare to the ease and customization offered by WordPress.
We hope that you use the ones that you need to get the best results for your blogs. However, we encourage you to not use all the plugins at once as all of them are not entirely necessary for your blogs. Using all of them at once might increase the load on your blog website and make it even slower. If you want to create a blog it’s worth checking out what WordPress can do for you.