Over the years people are increasingly using the internet to conduct their business and personal affairs. A lot of businesses have been built on the web that cater to this need. This is great for consumers but it also increases the amount of attacks aimed at the vulnerable sites websites.
Create a login form, handle user authentication and registration, Use the database to keep track of users in your application, Create administrative functionality to manage your users, Send confirmation emails to new accounts, Review the email addresses of new accounts then approve or deny them.
There are a few steps we need to take before we create our secure login system. We need to set-up our web server environment and make sure we have the required extensions enabled.
- If you haven’t got a local web server set-up I recommend you download and install XAMPP.
- XAMPP is a cross-platform web server package that includes the essentials for back-end developers. It includes PHP, MySQL, Apache, phpMyAdmin, and more. No need to install all the software separately.
What You Will Learn in this Tutorial
- Form Design — Design a login form with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Prepared SQL Queries — How to prepare SQL queries to prevent SQL injection as this will prevent your database from being exposed.
- Basic Validation — Validating form data that is sent to the server (username and password).
- Session Management — Initialize sessions and store retrieved database results.
File Structure & Setup
We now need to start our web server and create the files and directories we’re going to use for our login system.
- Open XAMPP Control Panel
- Next to the Apache module click Start
- Next to the MySQL module click Start
- Navigate to XAMPPs installation folder (C:\xampp)
- Open the htdocs folder
- Create the following folders and files:
Each file will contain the following:
- index.html — The login form created with HTML5 and CSS3. We don’t need to use PHP in this file. Therefore, we can save it as plain HTML.
- style.css — The stylesheet (CSS) for our secure login app.
- authenticate.php — Authenticate users, connect to the database, validate form data, retrieve database results, and create new sessions.
- logout.php — Destroy the logged-in sessions and redirect the user.
- home.php — Basic home page for logged-in users.
- profile.php — Select the user’s account from our MySQL database and populate the account details.
Online Task/Issues Monitoring Systemposted byemilyfeminUser ManagementIf you have a small to medium level company or a software house and you want to manage tasks or issues or projects then this is for you. Just get ths full source code and set it up on your own domain or subdomain and start using it. Add members and add tasks and then assign tasks to the members. – Full free support – Free Updates – Customizeable Design – Expendable Design & Code – Responsive Design – Includes Full Source Code
Steps to create Advanced Login Script System in PHP and MySQL
In the above simple login script, we have some flaws. That is I’m using plain text passwords and it is easy to do SQL injections and lot more. Because that is targetted to beginners for learning purpose.
Here in this advanced login system, you will learn a lot of advanced things and some of the features are below.
- Login with User Name or E-Mail
- Securing Login from SQL injections
- Encrypting Users Password
- Login using PHP Sessions
- Only Active Users Can Login
In this script we will start by checking the session, if the user already logged in he will be redirected to index.php page that is members area. After the form submission, we check post superglobal isset and not empty. In this code, I’m using DB connection from above code, database table and HTML form from our above code.
UserApplePieposted by davarravadinUser ManagementUserApplePie v2 is based on Simple MVC Framework. Enables the use of plug-ins and increases security. UserApplePie is a FREE open source user management system. Its intention is to make creating your own web site easy and full of features after install. It can be used as a gaming community website, employee management website, or a social media website. Bootstrap Enabled! Simple MVC Framework! User Management! Private Messages!
Steps to create Simple Login Script in PHP and MySQL
- First step we will connect to the database.
- Then we will select the database.
- We are checking, if the form is submitted or not. In this step we have two logic’s.
- What if the form is submitted.
- If the form is submitted, we are assigning the posted values to variables and checking the values are existing in the database or not.
- If the values submitted in the form and the values in the database are equal, then we will create a session for the user.
- If the values are not equal then it will display an error message.
- And then we checks for the session, if the session exists we will great him with the username, otherwise the form will be displayed.
- What if not the form is submitted.
- When the user comes first time, he will be displayed with a simple form.
- User Name, Password and a submit button.
Zenbership Membership Softwareposted bycastlampinUser ManagementZenbership is open source membership software with an advanced feature set designed to help small businesses, clubs, and organizations maximize their membership rosters. Features include: – CRM w/ contact and account management. – Membership management: custom database fields, forms, secure content, and a web-based member-self-service-portal. – eCommerce: subscriptions&dues, a store front, invoices, promo codes, physical product sales.
How to Install
Follow these steps to run the PHP User Login Script:
open database.sql and import all the MYSQL queries in your database. There are two demo users which you can delete.
edit options.php file and set MySQL login details to connect to your database
using your web browser open index.php page which will show the login form.
CIMembership – CodeIgniter Users Managerposted by1stcoderinUser ManagementCIMembership is a CodeIgniter 3.0.2 based, fully featured User Management System with variety of options, like user groups, user permissions, social logins, admin panel, HMVC, PHPass, reCAPTCHA,html emails, responsive & more. 1. Built with CodeIgniter 3.0.2 2. Extremely easy to install! Just run the Install Wizard 3. Based on codeigniter’s HMVC, hence easy to extend 4. Customizable user groups and permissions 5. Secure PHPass password algorithm.
phpLogin.com is a PHP based user management system to take control of your website, keep it safe and secure, by allowing only authorized users to log in and maintain the safety of your password protected areas.