This is a new business management software application, written in JAVA. It is designed to be an open-source platform and be extendable via plugins. The software will be able to integrate with a large set of other applications and databases. Some of the features include 100% Web-based (browser access) with easy setup & teardown options, Instance based implementation using stateless session servers, Built-in reports & charts, Business dashboard
With over $2 trillion in cash, the US Government is a large organization that needs to have its many business operations well managed. But it’s not alone: we’re a small organization with very limited resources. So like the US Government, we depend on software for automating our processes and controlling our activities.
In a fast-paced environment and an ever-evolving competitive landscape, business organizations have to adopt various strategies to stay afloat. To operate and manage a business efficiently and effectively, entrepreneurs and managers need more valuable assets apart from possessing a sharp insight and extensive knowledge of the market and customers.
Furthermore, with technology becoming more innovative, decision making has also undergone a significant change. One of the critical players that have made a significant contribution in bringing this transformation is business management software. It is indeed an incredible tool that has unified, optimized, and streamlined all aspects of business operations.
Here in this blog, you will learn and discover the best free and open source business management software that simplifies all tasks.
What is Business Management?
Business management is a practice or methodology that allows business organizations of all sizes to systematically organize, analyze, and strategize plans to carry out different operations successfully seamlessly.
The board term also focuses on managing a wide range of administrative tasks that include production, workforce, accounting, inventory, customer relationships, marketing, sales, and more. The higher management of the company shares the primary responsibility of executing the plan and making critical decisions.
Purpose of Business Management
Business Management focuses on five vital pillars-
- Organize the Tasks– Business managers’ primary responsibilities include organizing all the tasks and projects effectively that come their way. It helps in planning to execute those tasks.
- Planning- To constitute a plan of action for each department and implement strategies to execute the tasks.
- Leading the way Forward – The purpose of business management is to lead from the front and utilize the available resources optimally.
- Recruiting the Employees– Yes, even the HR department plays a pivotal role in efficiently managing the business activities. It helps to recruit the right people who can become a worthy asset to the company.
- Controlling the Company– Business management means implementing the right policy and making the right decision at the right time. The CEO and directors govern the policies and make changes when needed.
The Different Categories or Types of Business Management
Business management as such is a vast category that is classified into several branches. The popular ones include-
You also have to manage other areas or fields such as product or manufacturing management, service management, public relationship management, supply chain management, quality management, engineering, design management, etc.
Critical Challenges in Effectively Managing a Business
If you manage a business manually using conventional strategies and tactics, you may have to tackle a few challenges that can hamper your productivity and organizational growth. The main challenges include-
- Financial Instability- The biggest challenge that organizations face is managing their finance and capital. They are not able to provide timely financial reports and accurately manage account books. They lack financial analysis, which results in a loss.
- Not Identifying the Customer Needs- This mainly happens with small businesses and startups where they cannot identify what their target customers are looking for. They end up losing their potential customers.
- Exceeding the Project Deadlines- Often, companies miss the project deadline, which tends to increase the project’s cost.
- Workforce Diversity– Workforce diversity can become a significant challenge as every employee does not have the same knowledge, experience, and skill set to cater to a task.
- Adapting the Changes– Business organizations have to adapt to the new trends and environmental changes frequently continually.
- Lack of Communication- Lack of communication between different departments and teams can also delay task completion.
- Making Right Decisions at Right Time- At times, managers cannot make the right decisions at the right time due to a lack of information and available inputs.
There may be a few other business management issues such as regulation and compliance, hiring the right talent, leveraging data, and more. Implementing top business management software helps you gain the upper hand and manage business operations seamlessly and efficiently.
What is Business Management Software?
Business Management Software is a set of advanced applications that help businesses, regardless of their sizes, seamlessly implement best practices and policies to automate and enhance processes. The core activities include administration, sales, marketing, customer service, project management, etc.
These policies are deployed to develop and execute business management plans. Also, business management tools help streamline all management activities. Furthermore, the software focuses on boosting employee productivity and work efficiency.
The Core Features of Business Management Software
Do you know how business management tools help to manage your operations effortlessly? Well, it’s the best-in-class features that empower the tools. The core features include-
Top Benefits of Business Management Software
- Automation of Business Processes- The business management solution automates the manual process that minimizes the errors in documentation and other activities.
- Organized Data and Information– All data and information are well organized and easily accessed from anywhere, anytime. All information is stored at a central location.
- Improved Team Collaboration- The business management system also plays a vital role in enhancing the collaboration between different departments and teams, which can boost productivity.
- Speeds Up Decision Making Ability- The best free business management tools allow business owners and managers to quickly make accurate decisions, helping the company complete all operations within time and with improved results.
- Serves as a Viable Communication Tool- The free business management software has come as a handy customer service tool that enhances communication with clients. It provides an instant messaging facility, and the cloud-based system can be connected from any device.
- Data Storage Gets Streamlined- You can easily store data in computer systems, eliminating the need to use external storage devices. This saves a lot of costs.
- Real-time Reporting- Real-time reporting allows you to gain more control over inventory, ordering, business expenditure, and revenue.
Role of Free and Open Source Business Management Software in Streamlining business Operations
The best free and open source business management software has become a handy asset for businesses of all sizes. It streamlines several critical activities allowing organizations to compete and succeed in the cutthroat competition.
Also, many tools provide free versions and free trial periods, which becomes specifically a boon for startups and small enterprises. The open source business management software enables developers to customize their tools based on the needs. They can easily add or remove any feature to stay ahead in the game.
List of Free and Open Source Business Management Software
- Axelor ERP
- Apache OFBiz
- OpenPro ERP
- Knack Business Management Software
Comparison Chart of the 7 Best Free and Open Source Business Management Software
Bitrix24 (Free and Open Source)
Bitrix24 is a top-rated free and open source business management software that provides you over thirty-five tools. These tools include task management, document management, customer relationship management, project, time, and project management.
You also can unleash various other advantages such as automation of the business process, invoicing, email marketing, and team collaboration. Also, there is HRMS, virtual PBX, company directory, shared calendar, etc., to streamline all your business activities.
- Bitrix24 is a top business management tool that does not require any system administrator. It provides unlimited users and is known for user-friendliness.
- Bitrix24 supports both iOS and Android platforms.
- The client management feature allows CRM, sales automation, email marketing, virtual call center, and more.
- You can manage the projects through Gantt charts, to-do lists, planning the work, preparing the reports, etc.
- Manage your communications through social media platforms, online telephony, video conferencing, email server, group chat, etc.
- The software enables you to manage your workforce effortlessly with best-in-class features such as creating a company directory, work reports, approving leaves, etc.
With our open source business management software you can easily manage your business in just a few hours.