While publishing blogs, readers might sometimes be eager to contact you to ask you some questions about it. So, it’s necessary that you need to make a contact form and Everest Forms is one of the best plugins to add a form to your blog.
This plugin has a very user-friendly interface for customizations equipped with drag and drop fields. You can add an unlimited number of forms with multiple column support. The forms that you’ve created are also fully responsive and can be used on any portable device like mobile phones and tablets.
- Shortcode to help add the forms in WordPress blog posts, pages, sidebar, and more
- Support from Google ReCaptcha to block the spam
- Redirect the user to a specific page after form submission
- View form entries from the dashboard of your website
- Editable form validation message
Price: Free or $69 for a Single Site License (Offers 30% on this price)
You can view some more WordPress form builder plugins in one of our articles.
You must be familiar with the popular default block editor provided by WordPress called Gutenberg. Though it offers various blocks like Heading, Image, Video, etc., it still has some limitations. To overcome such shortcomings, you require a custom block plugin like BlockArt.
In any WordPress blog, you need to have a custom block plugin to add rich content that contributes to increased engagement. You can quickly expand your block’s range with BlockArt and even save time and effort as BlockArt lets you create content effortlessly with its blocks.
- Allows to copy and paste style of any block
- Caching plugin compatible
- No limit on layout possibilities
- Lightweight and super-fast in speed
- Offers responsive editing
3. Yoast SEO
If you have a blog, one of the essential things you must do is focus on its SEO. Yoast SEO is one of the best and oldest plugins for blogs when it comes to improving SEO. Most WordPress websites have trusted it because it’s frequently updated to be compatible with Google algorithms.
Yoast has a lot of features that can make your blog better, and not just SEO. It can optimize your keywords and synonyms too. The plugin also analyzes your blog’s readability and calculates the Flesch Reading Ease score so that your readers can understand your content better.
- Keyword optimization for synonyms and related keywords
- Complete control over breadcrumbs for setting primary categories for posts
- No duplicate content with the help of canonical URLs
- Content Insights to check the match for chosen keywords
- Readability check from Flesch Reading Ease score
Price: Free or $99/year
If you want to know some more WordPress SEO plugins, we do have a list on it too.
While creating a blog, you’ll also need to add the images on your blog page itself. When your blog’s content keeps on increasing and you don’t compress the images, it can take a ton of space for a blog. This can also affect the site’s speed and lead to slow performance.
To help you compress your images on your blogs, you can use the Smush plugin. It’s regarded as one of the best image optimization plugins for your blog website. This plugin can really help you optimize your blog images and at the same time maintain their quality too.
- Compress the images without the reduction in quality
- You can also resize the images with a specific height and width
- Bulk image compression with up to 50 images at a time
- Incorrect Image Size Detection to locate images slowing the site speed
- View Smush image stats directly in image blocks
Price: Free or $7.5/month
5. WP Rocket
Even when you produce SEO-friendly content, your page speed might still affect your blog. That’s why you need to make your blog perform faster and better using cache plugins. WP Rocket is a great cache plugin that offers a vast range of automatic optimization features for your site.
Additionally, the plugin is more than just a caching plugin as it also helps improve your PageSpeed score and uplift your loading time. With it, you can customize the settings per your requirements with advanced options like XML sitemaps, optimized Google Fonts, lazy loading for images, etc.
- Offers browser caching, GZIP compression, page caching
- Cross-origin support
- Supports third-party plugins like Jetpack, Yoast, and more
- WooCommerce compatible
- Multilingual ready
Price: $49/year for a Single Site License
If you don’t have any countermeasures for your blogs against spam, there are chances that your blogs can be filled with them. The spam can contaminate your website and backend files through various comments or contact form submissions from the users. To reduce them, you can use the Akismet plugin – one of the best plugins to deal with spam.
It’s an anti-spam plugin that examines all your comments and contact form submissions to find any sort of harmful content. It automatically analyzes the website and drops out the contents that might occur as spam.
- Extremely easy backup and restore processes
- Status history for each comment to view where the spam was found
- Moderators can view the number of spam comments from each user
- Discard features that block the worst spam to save the storage
- Fast performance that saves a lot of time
Price: Free or $8.3 billed yearly
If you are interested in the best WordPress anti-spam plugins, please check our article on it.
Jetpack is probably one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs if you want to effortlessly manage your blog website. Developed by Automattic, Jetpack also provides you with various site statistics. With it, you can keep a track of the visitors or readers you get on your blogs and work out the ways to increase them even more.
This plugin also helps in spam filtering, malware scanning, and brute force attack protection. So, unwanted intrusions are prevented on your website through it. Therefore, your blogs will also be in safe hands.
- Powerful customization tools for the design you desire
- Faster mobile experience with lazy image loading
- SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook and WordPress.com
- Top-notch security with brute force attack protection and spam filtering
- Ability to manage multiple websites from one dashboard
Price: Free or Choose from the following pricing plans:
- Backup: $9/month Billed Yearly
- Security: $24/month Billed Yearly
- Complete: $99/month Billed Yearly
Even if you’ve installed security plugins and systems for your blog, your blog might be still vulnerable to illegal activities. It can still get hacked or crashed due to certain unfortunate malware. In cases like these, you’ll need a backup plugin and UpdraftPlus is one of the best WordPress backup plugins for your site.
You can backup your contents using UpdraftPlus in the cloud databases like Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, iCloud and more. Then, you can click on restore to obtain it again with just a single click. You can also backup your contents to more than one cloud service using this plugin with scheduled automatic backups.
- Automatic scheduled backup for your contents
- Use fewer server resources for faster processing
- Enables you to back up your content on multiple cloud services
- Easily duplicate or migrate websites with the help of Migrator
- Free dedicated expert support
Price: Free or $70/year for 2 Sites
It’s essential to keep your WordPress blog secure for yourself and your users. You can tackle any possible hackers, spam, or any other threat with the WordPress security plugins. Although you can find various security plugins, you can completely rely on one of the best ones; Wordfence.
The plugin offers malware scan, firewall protection, blocking, and much more. You can monitor your traffic in real-time with Wordfence and monitor login, logouts, 404 errors, etc. Further, their Two Factor Authentication is handy to enhance your blog’s login security.
- 24/7 incident response team
- Centralized management
- Offers country blocking in the premium version
- Delivers high configurable alerts via SMS, Mail, and Slack
- Offers to compare your core files, plugins, and themes with the ones in the WordPress repository
Price: Free or $99/year
One of the most common methods of monetizing a blog is with the help of affiliate links. To use them in the most efficient way, you’ll need to cloak them. For this, ThirstyAffiliates is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs to cloak them.
You can easily cloak the affiliate links and use them on your blogs with the help of this simple blog plugin for WordPress. This plugin creates a new cloak link or a short link and redirects it to the unnecessary long affiliate link. You can also assign different categories to the links so that it’s easier to manage them as well.
- Easy setup and interface to save you a lot of time
- Option to group your affiliate links into different categories
- Multiple safe redirect options like 301, 302, or even 307
- Availability to add an image to the affiliate links
- Built-in reports and statistics of affiliate links
Price: Free or $99 for a Single Site License
If your blog covers teaching, skills, and knowledgeable content, then LMS plugins are effective for your site. Using such plugins, you can set up online courses, quizzes, etc. without any hassle. Masteriyo is among the best WordPress LMS plugins offering a fast and smooth course-building experience.
You get a single-page interface with Masteriyo, which lacks in other LMS plugins. This means you don’t have to switch between pages to complete your individual course. To add more, the distraction-free learning page is equally helpful in enabling your students to focus on courses.
- Offers easy course navigation
- In-built questions and answers section
- Offers easy drag & drop course builder
- Course progress bar
- Compatible with WordPress themes
Price: Free or $199 for a Single Site License (Offers 75% off on this price)
Blogs are also used to promote and sell products. Hence, if you need to sell products through your blog, WooCommerce will be perfect for you. It has been one of the best WordPress plugins to sell a product for quite some time.
This plugin has all the features and elements that you will ever need on your blog to sell a product. You can easily set up WooCommerce on your WordPress blog and start selling immediately. It can even be improved according to your additional needs with its vast selection of extensions.
- Easily set up a store or sell a product with just a few clicks
- Provides their own user accounts pages for smooth transactions
- Flexible and secured payments with multiple gateways
- Fully responsive which enables you to manage the orders from your mobile
- Excellent support and documentation to help you anytime
If you’re interested to know about WooCommerce extensions, we’ve got you covered too.
In most blogs, people tend to add new registration or login options for users. This also increases the interaction between the blogger and the readers. The logged-in users can explore and use more features of the website such as commenting on posts and so on.
User Registration plugin is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs if you want to add registration and login options to your blog. It’s also one of the easiest to use as it has a user-friendly drag and drop interface. You can even use its huge range of add-ons to increase the functionality of your blogs too.
- Multiple design styles for forms
- Auto-login after registration to save your time
- WordPress dashboard access based on the assigned roles
- Admin approval for registration
- Show/Hide label option in each field
Price: Free or $79/year for a Personal Plan
We’ve listed some more WordPress user registration plugins. Please have a look at it if you want to explore more plugins.
Email marketing is also one of the major ways through which you can grow your blogs. To help you with it, Mailchimp is the best WordPress plugin for blogs. It’s one of the most popular email marketing plugins in WordPress that can manage subscribers, send emails, and track results in bulk.
This plugin enables you to easily add more subscribers to your email. Further, it can seamlessly integrate with all the major plugins of WordPress so that you won’t have any problems while using it.
- User-friendly interface
- Translation-ready plugin which can be presented in any language
- Availability to modify the plugin with code snippets
- Multiple extensions to increase the functionality
- Awesome support and well documented
Price: Free or $11/month for an Essential Plan
Using newsletters on your blog is also one of the great ways to gather more readers as well as keep your current users engaged. For this, you can use the Newsletter plugin. As the name suggests, it’s one of the best WordPress plugins for newsletters.
The plugin has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop composer to build newsletters. You can build unlimited amounts of newsletters with it and the plugin will also track them and provide stats for them.
- Easy to use drag and drop composer
- Unlimited subscribers and newsletters with statistics and tracking
- Subscription spam check with Akismet and captcha
- Delivery speed fine control starting from 12 emails per hour
- WPML and translation ready
Price: Free or $48/year for a Blogger Plan
You can track the growth of your blog based on various statistics with the help of the best Google Analytics plugin like MonsterInsights. Further, you can understand your audience types and cater to them to boost your blog’s traffic.
Apart from that, it tracks your user views from multiple platforms and various devices. You can even run advanced link tracking with custom options, including RSS tracking, Anchor tracking, and much more using this plugin.
- GDPR compliance
- Offers automatic tracking
- Customizable dashboard widget
- Offers real-time reports
- Integrated with WooCommerce, WPForms, CookieBot, etc.
Price: Free or $199 for a Single Site License (Offers up to 50% discount)
17. Ajax Search Lite
A blog needs to have an excellent user interface to help the readers search for a particular content too. In this case, a search plugin like Ajax Search Lite can contribute a lot. It’s one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs to help your readers search for topics.
This plugin is much better than the default search bar as it also provides category and post type filters on the search bar. It’s also designed in such a way that it ensures smooth animation throughout your blog when your readers use the search bars.
- Supports custom post types and field types
- Automation search replacement options
- Widget and shortcode friendly
- Shows images in the search results too
- Frontend search settings boxes
Price: Free or $36 for a Regular License
Want to explore more of such plugins? Then, there is a collection of the best WordPress search plugins too.
Installing a page builder plugin can be helpful for any WordPress website. And if you’ve spent a fraction of time with WordPress, you might know that Elementor is one of the popular page builders. Furthermore, it can be even one of the best plugins for blogs.
You can get used to using this plugin very quickly and modify any part of your blog within minutes. It has an excellent drag-and-drop interface through which you can make any changes you need for your blogs effortlessly.
- Easy to use drag and drop interface
- Highly customizable design options for your blogs
- Fully responsive design and accessible on any mobile devices
- Undo and redo action along with revision history
- Built-in maintenance mode for special circumstances
Price: Free or $49 for a Single Site License
19. Popup Maker
Your blog can either be just a blog website or can be included as a blog on any other type of website. Either way, the header section or specific popups are one of the first things that the readers notice. So, adding a Popup Maker plugin can really help the readers get hooked on your blog.
Popup Maker is one of the best blog plugins that allows you to create any type of popup you like and lets you display it anywhere on your blogs. Here, you can list the links to the latest published post or any other interesting areas of your blogs to keep the readers more engaged.
- Fully responsive design suitable for any mobile devices
- Opt-in form popups, slide-out pop-ups, banner bars, and many more
- Compatible with major WordPress plugins
- Dictate the frequency at which the user sees the popups
- Auto open triggers to set a timed delay
Price: Free or $87/year
If you want to explore more of the best WordPress popup plugins, we’ve got a blog article for that as well.
20. Revive Old Posts
Social media is an excellent source for blog referral traffic. However, when you manually re-share your content, it can be pretty time-consuming. Hence, with Revive Old Posts you can share each post automatically on social media platforms like Facebook.
Besides, it revives your blog’s articles from the archive and re-posts them to grow its reach. Also, you can set a schedule for your article’s publications as well. Thus, Revive Old Posts can be used in your blog to grow your social media followers, engage with existing followers and uplift your site’s traffic.
- Allows to pick a time between social media post sharing
- URL shorteners compatible
- Allows to choose maximum and minimum age of posts to share on social media
- Can automatically generate hashtags
- Integration with Google Analytics
Price: Free or $75/year for a Single Site License