The best Free Open Source Software server is chosen from the many that are available. An individual with some experience setting up and maintaining servers will understand the importance of a stable, fast and secure server in running their website or company. Using the knowledge that has been learned about the free open source software server a list was compiled of the best free open source software servers available at current date. The list also covers everything from Linux file servers to Apache website hosting systems.
A list of the best free open source software (FOSS) server software. This page lists and compares general purpose web, database, directory and other server software that have a freely available source code in contrast to freeware or shareware.
GIMP was launched in 1996 and is one of the most popular open-source image editing software present in the market right now.
This platform gives tough competition to Adobe Photoshop; unlike Adobe Photoshop, it’s completely free. Users can create new graphic design elements and take advantage of the built-in support for filters, layers, and photo enhancement features.
To make the project more appealing, the users can download plugins developed by GIMP open source community.
- It can operate on Windows, macOS, as well as on Linux.
- The interface can be fully customized.
- Various advanced editing tools are present.
- Layers, Filters, and automatic picture enhancements are the cream on top.
- 150 standard effects and filters are available.
Packed with client management, customer support, and marketing automation features, Bitrix24 CRM is a digital sales suite.Lead acquisitionGenerate leads via multiple channels: web forms, live chats, phone calls, or social media, and have them added to your CRM automatically.Lead managementUse our built-in lead scoring tool to see which prospects your sales reps need to focus on and assign them automatically.Sales automationDozens of sales and marketing automation rules and triggers to save you time and money.
Quotes & invoices
Python is a programming and scripting language commonly used by developers. That’s why it is said to be one of the best open-source software for developers.
It is used to create web applications, mobile applications, video games and many more. Due to the presence of extensive standard libraries, Python is often considered the battery-included language.
Today, it is a widely-used programming language. All the renowned industries leverage Python as it allows programming in Object-Oriented and Procedural paradigms.
- The programs are generally smaller as compared to that of Java.
- The USP of Python is a huge collection of the standard library.
- Big tech companies like – Google, Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Uber leverage Python.
- Most widely used multi-purpose, high-level programming language.
- Easy to code.
Tasks & projects
Set tasks, receive work reports, and manage projects online with the ultimate “get things done” tool from Bitrix24.Workload managementMonitor the project activity, receive work reports, and distribute workload more evenly.Task templates & automationSave time on recurring tasks by automating them (e.g., “daily SEO report”).Visual project managementPrintable Gantt charts, customizable Kanban boards, and plenty of other visual representations for your projects.
KPI & task efficiency
VLC Media Player
VideoLAN Client or VLC is a multimedia application created by VideoLAN project, an open-source development group.
This is a media player that is primarily used to play audio and video both. It’s evident that this media player has dominated the industry for many years in terms of popularity.
The USP of VLC is that the user can play audio and video of any format and the fact that it provides the playback feature which makes it different from its competitors.
It’s also constantly upgraded with new and advanced features like –
1. 360-degree video support for VR headsets
2. The ability to stream to other devices (like Chromecasts)
- It can run on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS.
- Files of any format can be played using this software.
- The user can also add subtitles from third-party sources.
- The playback feature is by far the best feature
- It can be used to stream media on the local as well as on the Internet.
Any and every tool you may need for quick and efficient communication with your clients.TelephonySet up your own call center with smart routing and call tracking).Live chatPlenty of advanced settings, including customizable chatbots, canned replies, and more.Contact formsCustomizable contact, feedback and callback request forms for your website.
Audacity is a free multi-track audio editor and recorder; provides numerous effects to be applied on audio to make it more appealing to ears.
The versatility makes it unique- one can edit recordings, conversations and can make music also. The key features of this software include recording audio from different sources, processing audio, and many more.
There are many examples of open-source software, but with over 110 million downloads, Audacity is the most popular download from FossHub.
- It can record live audio.
- One can cut, slice, mix and copy the sounds.
- Has the ability to convert tape recordings into digital sounds.
- Sound files of various formats like AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3, or Ogg Vorbis can be edited using this software.
- Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems support this software.
Virtual office for your company to work, communicate and collaborate – at home or in the office.HD video calls & conferencesCreate conferences for up to 24 participants, talk without any time limit, record your calls, and change backgrounds.ChatsPrivate and group chats – a quick and easy way to discuss ideas and share files.Worktime trackingYour team can start/pause/finish their working day using an online time clock built into Bitrix24.
WordPress is a free, open-source CMS (content management system) written in PHP which uses MySQL database.
Earlier it was only known as a blogging platform but now it has evolved to be much more than that. 41.4% of the top 10 million websites use WordPress now.
Thes best thing about WordPress is, it handles both, the backend as well as the frontend of the websites. With the use of WordPress, one can create blogs, E-commerce websites, Business websites, E-learning websites, Portfolio websites, and many more.
- Thousands of plugins are available.
- Available in more than 70 languages.
- Already optimized for search engines, and there are various SEO plugins available also.
- One can browse for different themes to make your website or blog more attractive.
- It’s very user-friendly.
Free servers are the cheapest servers available and the easiest to get running. You can use these servers without a paid license or firewall. Open Source software is free to download, modify and distribute.