Accounting Software Linux is a complete value-for-money accounting software. It comes with unique features like company asset management, chart of accounts, purchase and sales ledger, interest rate calculation, stock management and auto tax calculation with several reports. Other facilities like reconciliation and advance invoice/release are available in the software.
Accounting Software Linux is an accounting software for small business owner. Accountant software tracks accounts payable,accounts receivable,balance sheet,cash position,and more.
GnuCash is a simple, straightforward, flexible yet powerful open source accounting software for personal and small businesses. It is designed as a double-entry bookkeeping system and is freely available under the GNU GPL license. GnuCash has been under development for over 20 years and is available for Linux, GNU, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Solaris, Windows, and macOS platforms.
Users can track bank accounts, income, expenses, stocks. Moreover, it is used as an intuitive checkbook register. It is built on professional accounting principles to ensure accurate reports. It supports features such as extensive accounting features, stock/mutual fund portfolios, online stock quotes, mutual fund quotes, QIF, OFX, CSV imports and supports multiple currencies.
- Double-Entry bookkeeping and accounting.
- Invoicing and credit notes.
- Support for scheduled financial transactions.
- Support for stock/bond/mutual fund accounts.
- Mapping to income tax schedules.
- Supports multi-currency transactions.
- Built-in and custom reports and charts.
- Basic Payroll Management
GnuCash simplifies small business accounting tasks like invoicing, managing income, expenses, billing, and taxes.
- ERP & CRM
- Powerful Java Web Framework
- Cross-platform (Linux and macOS)
We’ve already mentioned this in our list of best open source CRM software. Apache OFBiz is an impressive open source solution that incorporates an ERP system and a CRM suite for various types of requirements.
It’s completely free – however, you will have to host it yourself (or just hire someone to do it). In addition to all the basic features needed for accounting software, it lets a developer extend/enhance features easily while being a Java-based web framework.
KashFlow is accounting software around since 2005 and has won diverse awards on small and medium businesses accounting and financing areas. The Linux accounting software is cloud-based with a UK-based support. It allows creation of invoices easily and emailing them to suppliers directly. Also includes mileage management to track business travels and linking with HMRC for tax returns to avoid last minute rushes.
- Perfect for users in the UK
- Includes diverse important integrations
- Accounting reports are efficient
- Includes bookkeeping, HR and Payroll features
- UK-based support
- Estimates or quotes can be expeditiously converted into invoice
- Syncs with mobile for easier access anywhere via app
- Bugs have been reported
- UI not very intuitive
- Invoice automations are few
Skrooge is an excellent KDE-powered software that makes it easy to manage your finances. It can import financial documents from other accounting software like KMYMoney, GNUCash, Microsoft Money, Grisbi, Home Bank, Money Manager Ex, etc. It features periodic report creation, budgeting, support for multiple currencies, and expense tracking.
- It features robust reporting tools to build graphs quickly and analyze income and expenses.
- It implements an effective budget management system.
- You can import financial data from numerous sources such as KMYMoney, GNUCash, Microsoft Money, Grisbi, Home Bank, Money Manager Ex.
- It supports multiple payees and currencies.
It is available for Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, and MAC.
- Dead simple open source ERP
- Optional commercial support available
- Cross-platform (Windows, Linux, and macOS)
A powerful yet simple open source accounting solution. It has been tailored to small and medium sized businesses. Starting from managing invoices to inventory – you also get the ability to translate (up to 45 languages supported). You can try pre-release version or just get the latest stable build to test it out yourself!
Moneydance is a personal finance and accounting software availed with all needed features a small business will find useful. The accounting software for Linux has diverse features, including account management, investment and budget tracking, bill payment and online banking configurations. The accounting tool also processes multiple world currencies and different financial tasks efficiently and easily.
- Online banking capability organizes and categorizes transactions
- You can sync different financial institutions to avoid missing any entry
- Includes solid reporting options such as income/expenses, cash flow, budget report and data reports
- Tools include visual reports and graph making tool for expenses and income
- Includes account register for deleting, editing and entering transactions
- Easy to set payment schedule for recurring payments
- Syncs app and desktop for easier access while on the move
- Includes lots of reporting options
- Lacks retirement planning or budgeting goals choices
Grisbi is free, open-source accounting software for Linux systems. It has been under active development for over 21 years, making it an established accounting software. It features robust functionality right out of the box and a simple yet elegant user interface. Grisbi makes it very intuitive to manage users, multiple accounts, multiple currencies. You can easily import financial documents directly from QIF, OFX, and Gnucash.
- It features a simple, straightforward, and intuitive GUI interface.
- You can easily schedule future transactions.
- Users can print financial documents using LaTeX or export them to HTML.
- It is open-source, meaning it can be modified and extended to meet user requirements.
- Simple and functional
KMyMoney happens to be yet another free and open-source software managed by KDE. You can easily utilize this for managing accounts, transactions, ledgers, and a lot more.
It offers a simple user interface but gets the job done. As you can see in the screenshot above, it appears to be a full-fledged (if almost) solution. You can get it installed from the software center – however, you can also choose to install it from git if you want the latest version.
SQL-Ledger is a modern web-based accounting software built using easily readable Perl code. It is freely available for Linux, Unix, Mac, and Windows platforms. Installation only takes a few minutes to complete, and adding new languages does not require any special programs.
It features an intuitive interface giving users a minimal learning curve. SQL-Ledger employs a powerful double-entry accounting mechanism that allows users to track financial data without any hassle.
- It uses an SQL database to store data, and you can easily manage and access the data from a web browser.
- You can easily accomplish personal preferences, customization, and database modification from the configuration files.
- Supports CSV file imports and backup.
- Users can make vouchers and general ledgers.
- Support for payroll and Time Cards.
- It features a POS (point of sale) to make and print purchases or sale orders.
- It supports foreign currency and internalization
Our Accounting Software Linux makes it easy to manage all your business information. You can download a free trial today, and choose between Windows and Linux editions.